MAINE EDUCATION ASSOCIATION - RETIRED APPLICATION FOR THE ANNE SHEEHAN HONOR GRANT
- The Maine Education Association-Retired is sponsoring an honor grant through the legacy of Anne Sheehan, a former member of MEA-Retired. The $1500 grant will be awarded for the 2023-2024 academic year, and may be used to defray any expenses occurred.
The applicant must:
- be a full time educator practicing in Maine
- be enrolled in a humanities program leading to a graduate degree in the arts, sciences, or education
- be a member of the local Education Association, a member of MEA, and a member of NEA,
Return the application form by February 1, 2023 to:
179 Cook Street Auburn, ME 04210
- The Legacy Committee will review all applications. The grant will be awarded based on the information contained in the application.
- The recipient of the Honor Grant will be announced at the MEA-Retired convention and annual meeting in May, 2023.
- The decision of the Legacy Committee is final.
- Reminder: The application form must be filled out completely, and include all required information!
- Ann Sheehan was a member of MEA-Retired. Upon her death, money was donated by her friends and family to the Legacy Committee to be used by an active teacher working on an advanced degree. A scholarship of $1500 is given each year to the awardee.